Do You Need Help with Your Harvard Admission Essay
Writing that perfect Harvard admission college essay is a very important part of your application. Harvard is ranked number 4 in the top colleges in the US and will admit just 6% of those that apply. While the college expects very high academic attainment from its applicants you will still be competing with many others that are equally as well qualified as you are. Answering the Harvard admission essay questions well is therefore very important if you are going to stand out. That’s why you may need some college admissions assistance.
Achieving that high standard of writing through your essays is not going to be easy. Even the most accomplished of students will often still be unhappy with the essay that they have submitted. This is why so many will turn to professional help for support with writing their essays.
We offer specialist help with your essay writing to help you to gain an edge with your application. Our experts are highly qualified and very experienced at writing these essays for Harvard applications.
They know precisely what is being looked for through your writing and can help you to deliver an essay that is going to get you noticed for the right reasons. So, let’s check out what the main Harvard admission college essay requirements are.
If you want to be ready for the “plan B”, check out a UMASS Amhersterst College essay tips!
Harvard Admission Requirements
Harvard requires all admission documentation to be submitted by the 1st of January with a preference for it all being in by the 15th of December. For early action the deadline is the first of November with the preferred submission prior to October 15th. All of the required information must be submitted if you want your application to be considered. The following are the Harvard requirements:
- The common or Universal College application
- Universal College application Harvard supplement or the Harvard College Questions for the Common Application
- ACT with writing or SAT with writing scores
- 2 SAT subject tests
- 3 Teacher reports
- School and High School reports
- Mid-year school report
- Final School report
- Your application essays
- $75 application fee
Writing an Effective Harvard Essay
Creating an effective essay that will grab the attention of the college of Harvard admissions committee is going to be one of the hardest writing tasks that you will face. You not only have to show how well you will fit into the college you also have to do it in a way that is going to fully engage the reader. The following tips will help you with answering the common and Harvard college application essay prompts:
- Open with a line that is capable of grabbing the readers full and total attention; usually, this is based on a personal anecdote or unusual fact. Do not use a quotation however as they want to see your own words.
- Tell a story; you need to maintain their interest so using an anecdote to provide a theme around which to write is often the best way to provide that interesting story line to maintain their interest.
- Be original with your writing; they will not want to read something that has been copied or modified, nor will they want to see cliché after cliché.
- Answer the prompt; do not wander off at a tangent with your writing and fail to answer what your essay is about.
- Write about yourself and your personal accomplishments; this is your opportunity to sell yourself and to show how well you are suited to studying there. Never talk about others.
- Stick to the Harvard college essay length and format; the common essay prompts will call for an essay of no more than 650 words in length. The Harvard essays have no limits specified however you should consider that the reader has many other essays to read so limiting it to a single page is recommended.
- Always be truthful and do not exaggerate within your writing. If discovered any untruths will result in your application being dismissed.
- Be concise and precise with your writing. You have a limited number of words in which to make an impact so you will want every word to count.
- Do not ever use the essays to complain or make excuses. They want to read about why you are going to make an exceptional Harvard student.
- Never submit any essay that contains errors; this will indicate sloppiness on your part or a lack of interest in your application. Always proofread your writing very carefully so that you are sure there are no errors.
College Essay Prompts for Harvard
You will be expected to complete an essay for either the common or universal application that will follow their prompts. Harvard additional essays are optional and should be used if you feel that there is additional information that you feel is important that they should know in addition to the common app questions. The additional essay is open and you can choose from one of the following options or even write something on a topic of your own choosing:
- Unusual circumstances in your life
- Travel or living experiences in other countries
- A list of books you have read during the past twelve months
- How you hope to use your college education
- The Harvard College Honor code declares that we “hold honesty as the foundation of our community.” As you consider entering this community that is committed to honesty, please reflect on a time when you or someone you observed had to make a choice about whether to act with integrity and honesty
- The mission of Harvard College is to educate our students to be citizens and citizen-leaders for society. What would you do to contribute to the lives of your classmates in advancing this mission?
Remember as one of Harvard’s own students says about writing your personal statement or essay:
“So the answer to the all-important question, “What do you say to convince someone to let you into Harvard?” is that you talk about you.”
We Can Help with Writing Your Harvard College Admission Essay
We offer you a real advantage with your application through writing experts that fully understand what it takes to craft an essay that is going to impress the committee. Our writers are highly skilled and very experienced at writing college application essays for Harvard. They know precisely what the committee are looking for and how your writing should be done to make maximum impact.
All writing is done to your expectations with direct communication to ensure that it fully reflects you personally. It is also carefully proofread to avoid errors and put through plagiarism testing to confirm that it is unique to you. All of our support is delivered to you on time and always covered by our full satisfaction money-back guarantee.